Organisation: Lifelink Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Clinical Coordinator
Lifelink Hospital is a 24-hour private medical establishment founded with a goal of bringing superior but affordable medical services closer to the people. It is located in Kyaliwajjala – Namugongo, Lifelink Hospital Namugongo, with a Medical Centre in Ntinda trading centre. Our main mission is to provide quality, specialized and timely health care services in a conducive environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct conclusive diagnosis and treatment based on thorough investigations of lab tests, imaging and comprehensive examinations of the patients following life link protocol.
- Be fully conversant with the clinic/hospital facilities and systems including the corresponding charges/fees.
- Be well versed with the medical equipments and how to use and maintain them.
- Follow-up on all cases ensuring that lab tests, imaging, further consultations etc are made.
- The incumbent will provide OPD cover as will be required ensuring that all patients are seen without unnecessary delays.
- Work closely with specialists for proper management of patients.
- Instruct or train junior medical staff i.e. nurses on any issues pertaining the management of the patients.
- Keep up-to-date the current medical systems through regular attendances of presentations and regular reading.
- Documents all the information obtained from the patients. E.g. history, clinical findings and treatment given.
- Continually asses the systems in place and or suggest ways of improving them.
- Provide ward cover as will be required, ensuring comprehensive patient management and providing clear written record of your management to the patients on their files/cards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Medical Officer – General Practitioner should hold a Medical degree from a recognized institution, current annual practicing license and a registration certificate.
- A minimum of two years working experience in a clinical setting
- As a medical officer at life link medical centre/hospital, you need to be proactive, problem solving and professional person.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to hand deliver thheir applications at any of our locations in Namugongo and Ntinda.
Deadline: Monday 4th July 2016 by 5pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline