Organisation: Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
About UNHCR Project:
Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development is an Implementing Partner for UNHCR that positively contributes toward improving sustainable living standards of refugees and other Persons of Concern in Nakivale, Isingiro District. This is being achieved by implementing livelihood support with skills development, environment conservation, Safe Access to Fuel and Energy (SAFE), and WASH so that people live in satisfactory conditions of sanitation and hygiene, amongst other disciplines. Self-reliance by all the people is one of the key targets during planning and implementation of the activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that water projects and programs are implemented effectively, professionally and in accordance with the UNHCR guidelines and practices and policies.
- Conduct general plumbing works.
- Implement water chain improvement activities (including water source management).
- Ensure the distribution of clean and safe water to recipient households.
- Ensure other sources of water such as shallow wells and boreholes are well maintained and repaired/serviced.
- Ensure water sources are clean and carry out routine monitoring of water quality
- Prepare budget estimates for implementation/construction and rehabilitation of water and sanitation facilities.
- Perform any other activity assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for this vacancy should preferably hold a Diploma, Degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in water installations pumps and motors.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send an application letter and curriculum vitae to:
The Principal, Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development,
P. O. Box 149, Mpigi. Uganda
Deadline: 20th June 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline