Job Title: Youth Coordinator
Organisation: Youth Alive Uganda
Project Name: USAID’s Better Outcomes for Children and Youth in Eastern and Northern Uganda Program
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Director of Programs-Youth Alive
Youth Alive Uganda is an NGO for and by the youth founded under the guidance of Sr. Dr. Miriam Duggan in 1993. We believe that young people and the entire communities have the inherent capacity to change attitudes and behaviors through programs like youth livelihood, Youth Health, Human Rights and justice and Life skills & mentorship
About USAID Project:
Youth Alive Uganda is implementing the USAID’s Better Outcomes for Children and Youth in Eastern and Northern Uganda program—a $24.5 million program with a large sub grant component. The Program is being implemented across 13 districts in Eastern and Northern Uganda. Better Outcomes works with families, communities, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Local Government and the private sector to address the long-term, comprehensive needs of vulnerable children and families through improved OVC service delivery. The project is being implemented in 13 districts (Arua, Apac, Gulu, Kitgum, Lira and Oyam for North, and Bugiri, Iganga, Jinja Kamuli, Mayuge, Mbale, and Tororo for the East).
Job Summary: The Youth Coordinator will serve as the technical lead in managing youth OVC interventions of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor and supervise 2 Youth Officers & 1 Youth IGA Officer in the implementation of the project design.
- Take lead in designing and coordinating OVC support programs for youth beneficiaries of the project.
- Render support in developing curriculums and materials for foundational skills, protection and economic strengthening for youth.
- Take lead in the training, mentoring, coaching field teams to facilitate knowledge acquisition and develop skills.
- Conduct TNA among the District Based Trainers (DBTs) & recommend to the Programs Director competence based training programs.
- Establish a systems approach in working & collaborating with schools, families, peers and communities to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable youth.
- Assist in compiling periodic project reports.
- Support operational research in youth programming approaches & participatory methods
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Youth Coordinator should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a Humanities-related course.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in designing and implementing OVC youth programs.
- Strong in training and facilitation skills
- Broad working knowledge of cost management principles and practice especially in civil society sector/NGO sector.
- Previous experience with USAID projects for health & OVC programming.
- Good level of competence in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Creative, analytical, with good problem solving skills
- Conflict management skills and ability to manage ambiguity
- High emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration.
- Ability to manage high volume workload.
- Previous experience in facilitating the Youth Alive EFL Curriculum is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to either hand deliver their applications to the Office of the Executive Director, Plot 148b, Old Kira Road, Kamwokya, Kampala. Uganda OR email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 25th May 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline