Job Title: Resident Program Advisor
Organisation: RTI International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: NTD Advisor
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
About ENVISION Project:
ENVISION is a 9-year Cooperative Agreement through which RTI supports and expands NTD control and elimination in priority countries and will further the development of I evidence-based policies and standards globally.
Job Summary: The Resident Program Advisor is a senior leader for ENVISION’s support to the Government of Uganda’s NTD efforts and provides program management for implementation of integrated NTD activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support and management of RTI’s activities in support of the Ugandan government’s NTD control activities;
- The incumbent will serve as a key liaison between ENVISION in Uganda and the Uganda Ministry of Health, Uganda USAID Mission, Government of Uganda, program partners and other national and international donors and organizations involved in NTD control activities;
- Ensure that all activities are implemented in accordance with ENVISION work plan and budget;
- Through USAID HQ, liaise with USAID Mission (and regional staff if appropriate) to ensure communication on ENVISION activities and explore potential synergies with other USAID projects;
- The jobholder will also develop and manage mechanisms for coordination and collaboration with other partners;
- Prepare and disseminate reports and summary updates on progress of program activities to relevant ENVISION partners and stakeholders, including work plans and semi-annual reports;
- Work closely with ENVISION Communications Manager to support fulfillment of communications strategy goals (e.g., disseminate information about country-level activities and identify stories for publication and sharing through multiple types of media), following USAID branding and marking guidelines;
- Provide mentoring, training and supervision of other project staff;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold an advanced degree (Masters or above) in public health or relevant discipline
- A minimum of nine years of relevant experience in running arc or managing large-scale field programs.
- Previous exposure and experience in logistics operations of time-sensitive projects is an added advantage
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to lead work in a team-oriented setting
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate with officials from the Ugandan central, regional and districts government - U.S. Government, donor organizations, NGOs, and other agencies
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in disease surveillance, infectious diseases preferred
- Previous experience managing USAID or other donor-fundea projects preferred
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel within Uganda frequently
How to Apply:
All applicants should send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via E-mail to: email@example.com. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: 18th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline