Job Title: Regional Coffee Technical Officer
Organisation: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) was established by statutory mandate in 1991. UCDA’s Vision is to have “A sustainable coffee industry with high stakeholder value for social economic transformation.” UCDA’s mission is “To facilitate increase in quality coffee production, productivity, and consumption.”
Job Summary: The Regional Coffee Technical Officer will mainly inspect factories, equipment and dissemination of agro-technical knowledge to coffee farmers, processors, exporters and roasters;
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will be tasked with inspecting and evaluating coffee buying stores, primary processing factories, export grading factories and roasters.
- Mentor and train factory personnel (technicians, supervisors, and machine operators) in good processing skills and maintenance of factories.
- Disseminate information on factory equipment and new processing technology.
- Conduct regular field quality evaluations to determine out turn and screen size distribution
- Register buying stores, primary processors, export grading factories, exporters and roasters.
- Guide sector participants on good handling, processing and storage techniques for the maintenance of good quality coffee at the post- harvest level.
- Work closely with other organs for example NEMA and other local authorities like LCs and DPC in ensuring that the processing factories conform to the law.
- Conduct troubleshooting at factory level this involves assessing the performance of a machine for eventual attention and improvement.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on technical extension.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Regional Coffee Technical Officer should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural or mechanical engineering
- A minimum of three years of relevant working experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good time management skills
- High personal initiative
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae with at least three (3) traceable referees and certified copies of academic certificates addressed to:
The Board Secretary / Director Corporate Services,
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA),
Coffee House, Plot 35, Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 7267, Kampala. Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com
NB: The interested applicants must also submit with their applications verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 23rd May 2016 by 17.00 Hours
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline