Job Title: Project Officer
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Humanitarian Coordinator
Finn Church Aid is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations. Finn Church Aid is committed to continue working until people in need of assistance can make their own living and fulfil their basic needs. Finn Church Aid also campaigns for dignity and justice.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will support the Humanitarian Coordinator in implementing FCA’s humanitarian activities both in the immediate emergency response and in the longer term humanitarian assistance in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Humanitarian Coordinator in implementing the FCA’s Education in emergency project in Adjumani, Uganda.
- Support the Humanitarian Coordinator to develop FCA’s country humanitarian strategy for Uganda in accordance with FCA’s policies and guidelines
- In charge of establishing, coordinating high quality education in emergency programmatic work.
- Work in liaison with the Humanitarian Coordinator to initiate and coordinate the planning of activities to ensure optimum utilization of project resources.
- Work in collaboration with the relevant local authorities, community leaders, relevant civil society and non-governmental organization collaborating, implementing partners and other stakeholders where appropriate in order to achieve the project objectives and facilitate project implementation.
- The Project Officer will collect and tabulate on regular basis field data on project activities carried out and undertake assessment using participatory approaches for all rights holders to determine the relevance and impact of the project activities.
- Regularly visit all rights holders sites where project activities are undertaken, check on progress and identify challenges, offer support as directed by the Humanitarian Coordinator in line with the project objectives.
- Actively promote active participation of community, local leaders, rights holders and intermediaries in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities as required;
- Assist the Humanitarian Coordinator to develop FCA’s country humanitarian strategy for Uganda in accordance with FCA’s policies and guidelines.
- Support the Humanitarian Coordinator to prepare periodical work plans and reports on project activities and achievements in line with the requirements stipulated in the project documents;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Project Officer vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Special Needs Education or related field from a recognized institution
- At least three years’ experience in working with an NGO; one of which should be in a humanitarian program related to education.
- Past exposure and experience in implementing Special Needs Education Programs
- Proven experience in community mobilization and awareness raising
- Previous experience in data collection, and report writing
- Basic understanding of humanitarian approaches and standards
- Past experience in networking and working with local government, international actors and UN agencies
- Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural context
- Computer literacy skills and proficiency in project planning and management software application
- Possession of a valid motorcycle riding license
- Willingness to reside in Adjumani
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join the Finn Church Aid (FCA) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their short applications and updated CVs to: Admin.Ugaco@kua.fi. Please address your application to: The Country Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda program, P.O. Box 21826, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 15th May, 2016 by 5:00 PM