Job Title: Procurement Officer - Route Buying
Organisation: Olam Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Procurement-Cocoa
Olam Uganda Ltd is a subsidiary of Olam International which is a leading global integrated supply chain manager and processor of agricultural products and food ingredients, supplying various products across 16 platforms in 70 countries.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer - Route Buying will be in charge of the timely procurement and delivery of high quality, correct price agro products and the proper processing of assigned customer orders through selection and evaluation of suppliers’ performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for procurement of Cocoa as per projected volumes and set quality standards over specified timelines.
- In charge of maintaining stock ledgers, expense ledgers, agent lists and timely update of outstanding report.
- Ensure proper fund management through full documentation and accountability of funds through timely settlement of advances.
- In charge of identifying and recruiting competitive farmer and agent groups.
- Responsible for the daily coordination with suppliers at various trading centres
- Managing procurement operations in the designated buying zones.
- The Procurement Officer will provide guidance on cocoa product information updates and changes in price, qualities and market updates.
- The Procurement Officer will offer guidance on how to handle special orders and agreed payment terms.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a University Degree in Procurement, Business Administration/ Management or its equivalent.
- A minimum of three to four years’ experience across any agro products procurement and field/route
- Able to manage logistical issues related to trucks.
- Able to make the plan and execute the route buying.
- Able to project available volume and plan the share of Olam
- Able to travel on bike within the radius of 25km on daily basis on plan route
- Correct reporting, documentation and on time accountability
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV to; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send an updated CV and don’t attach academic documents. The attachments should not exceed 2 MBs.
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline