Job Title: Operations Manager
Organisation: Spedag Interfreight Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Spedag Interfreight Uganda Ltd is the leading clearing, forwarding and freight logistics company in Uganda which provides end to end supply chain management. We specialize in supply chain management, consolidation Services, Distribution Logistics, Project Logistics, Warehousing, Airfreight, Transports, Sea freight Overland and comprehensive Logistics.
Job Summary: The Operations Manager will provide leadership to the staff in the operations department and oversee the operational activities of the organization to ensure continued improvement, maximum productivity, profitability and efficiency in our operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Heads of section of the operations department
- Actively facilitate staff motivation and development of the operations team through regular coaching, mentorship, training and timely accurate feedback.
- Actively contribute to the preparation of the operations department budget and ensure that all operational expenditures are made and accounted for in accordance to the allocated budget. Maintain a cost effective operations rate structure both internally and externally to ensure maximum profitability
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Logistics or International Business. Possession of a post graduate diploma in Clearing, Forwarding and Logistics Certification in EACFFPC is an advantage
- At least seven years working experience, five (5) of which must have been in a reputable Clearing & Forwarding or Shipping Company.
- Significant experience in leading and coordinating teams.
- Excellent analytical skills needed to develop key performance indicators and determine targets for all aspects of Operations
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should send their applications with detailed curriculum vita including three professional referees, copies of academic documents and an application letter to; the Human Resources Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Only short listed candidates will he contacted.
Deadline: 8th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline