Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world. SGS has been appointed by the Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) to implement the Mandatory Vehicle Inspection Services (MVIS) programme involving the development, installation and operation of vehicle inspection centers on a national scale to improve road safety by assuring -the road worthiness of vehicles m circulation in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Maintenance Manager will primarily oversee the maintenance of all Vehicle Inspection Station (VIS) equipment and ensure proper installation and calibration of equipment in accordance with SGS safety, health, environment and quality standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will take overall responsibility for facility maintenance to ensure VIS equipment maintenance and repair is carried out per schedule.
- The incumbent will develop and execute preventative maintenance plans for all Vehicle Inspection Stations
- Works in liaison with the maintenance team and other VIS staff to ensure resolution of maintenance issues in a timely manner with minimal disturbance to VIS output.
- Uphold safety, health, environment and quality requirements and standards and ensure system equipment integrity
- In charge of preparing the annual budget for equipment and facility maintenance.
- In charge of the coordination of annual equipment calibration as per the calibration plan.
- Assist with employee training as regards to equipment operation and good practice.
- Work closely with contractors for value for money service provision and adherence to established Health and safety guidelines
- Mentor and train maintenance staff and manage the team to ensure the best is derived from them at all times;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the SGS Maintenance Manager career vacancy should hold a University degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Automotive Engineering)
- At least three to five years’ experience in an engineering role, with experience in maintenance and supervision of staff
- The applicant should have active Engineers’ Registration Board Membership
- Good leadership and ability to mentor team members
- Excellent technical analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to learn new technology and easily adaptible to change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attentive to customer queries and pro-activeness in solving problems
- High standards of integrity and expected to comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct at all times
- Willingness to travel extensively to various Vehicle Inspection Stations within Uganda
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below. The applicants are required to upload an application / cover letter in Pdf / Microsoft Word format stating the current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees and copies of certificates.
Deadline: 5th June 2016 by 5.00 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline