Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Information Technology (IT) Services Manager
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The Information Technology (IT) Services Administrator will primarily be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT hardware and software and related infrastructure. The IT Services Administrator will also support the delivery of IT services by NITA – U to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and support the implementation of IT projects countrywide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the management and support of IT Services in NITA-U and Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs)
- Regularly monitor the IT needs specific to the respective MDAs and conduct periodic IT needs assessment for the respective MDAs
- Offer technical support to NITA-U through maintenance of IT equipment and end-user support. And verify, create, change, and delete user accounts as per the approved request.
- Oversee the management of IT inventories of equipment, hardware and software that will be resident in NITA-U and the MDAs. And ensure that all IT assets are recorded and the inventory is periodically updated.
- Serve as a liaison and manage clients and stakeholders on behalf of NITA-U in the delivery of NITA-U services to MDAs
- Engagement of MDAs to connect to the National Data Transmission Backbone Infrastructure (NBI) and sign Memorandum of Understanding and Service Level Agreements
- Support the implementation of IT related projects being deployed in MDAs when requested
- Support the operations of ongoing IT projects in MDAs when required.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with operational requirements.
- Apply Operating System (OS) patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Carry out daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Information Technology (IT) Services Administrator job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Telecommunications Engineering;
- Professional certifications such as CIH, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, etc., will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the implementation and rollout of critical IT projects
- Possess excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team;
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Customer relationship management skills
- Capacity to establish credibility, and trust and partnership.
- Excellent analytical and problem –solving skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be a person of integrity and honesty
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 6th June 2016 by 12.00 hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline