Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Architecture, Standards and Certification
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The Information Technology (IT) Certification Officer will steer and coordinate the Information Technology (IT) Certification function in NITA-U and Nation-wide in line with the National IT Certification Framework in collaboration with key stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly review, implement, maintain and enforce a framework, model, tools and a process to Accredit and/or Certify IT Service Providers, Products, Services, Service Delivery Points, Professionals and Training;
- Render support in the assessment of compliance for IT certification to approved requirements and standards;
- Supervision and coordination with the IT Certification Contractor;
- Keenly monitor and report on the functions of the IT Certification Office;
- The jobholder will plan, schedule, deploy and report on IT Certification Audits;
- In charge of managing all complaints, appeals and technical records according to protocol;
- Follow-up on initiation of corrective and preventive action to close raised non-conformities during internal audits
- In charge of identifying, developing and enforcement of the IT Certification Standard Operating Procedures;
- Reporting to the appropriate structures and distributing information throughout the organization;
- Support in conducting training related to IT Certification;
- In charge of planning, implementation of the IT Certification for NITA-U;
- Responsible for planning, managing and reporting on IT Certification Stakeholder Engagement;
- Provide administrative support and organize departmental meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Telecommunications Engineering or a closely related field;
- Professional specific IT Certification /Accreditation certifications such as ISO 20000, ISO 9001, ISO 27001, etc. are a mandatory requirement
- At least three years of working experience in compliance, auditing, inspection, certification or quality assurance in a reputable Public or Private Organization;
- Excellent planning, management and communication skills (Oral, Written, Presentation);
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret research data for reports and apply mathematic techniques in practical situations;
- Good team player and have the understanding and exposure of leading a team and be conversant with leadership and team dynamics.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, laws, standards and regulations
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: email@example.com (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 6th June 2016 by 12.00 hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline