Job Title: Project Officer - GBV Special Courts
Organisation: ActionAid International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator Women Protection Centres
ActionAid is an International Development Agency in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the excluded people in the world to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustices and the inequity that cause it.
Job Summary: The Project Officer - GBV Special Courts will plan, manage, monitor and supervise the implementation of the United Nations Programme on Gender Based Violence (UNJPGBV) project objectives in line with donor guidelines and organization’s strategic plan [CSP] .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in liaison with the Project coordinator WPC, undertake timely planning, implementation and reporting of the project activities in line with the project donor and AAU requirements.
- Build and maintain working relationships with implementing partners, district and national stakeholders to promote AAIU image in line with the Organizational mission vision and values.
- Facilitate GBV Courts in JP Districts to convene to enable GBV survivors obtain improved access to justice through specialized court sessions in Acholi and Teso/Lango and Karamoja regions to reduce on the numbers and improve on the disposal rates.
- Ensure that GBV Survivors are provided with integrated GBV services including Legal, Psychosocial, medical and facilitated to attend court sessions together with their witnesses
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation of project activities and document success stories arising in line with the project and ActionAid Uganda M&E framework.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold an Honours Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognised University. The applicant should hold a Diploma in Legal practice from Law Development Centre or any recognised institution. Possession of a post-graduate qualification in project planning and management or any related field is an added advantage
- A minimum of two years of relevant working experience preferably in NGO
- Practical knowledge of court processes/ procedures and possession of a valid practicing certificate is a must
- Previous exposure and experience in providing legal advice and counselling to disadvantaged individuals (preferred)
- Knowledge of Gender, Human rights and gender based violence issues is a must
- Excellent communication (Oral and written) skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Legal Research and Litigation skills
- Good planning and organizational sills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good knowledge of local languages especially context and culture of Katakwi is an added advantage.
- Motor cycle riding skills is a must.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to either send their applications via E-mail or hand deliver to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org or addressed to: The Director Human Resource/Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid International Uganda, Plot Number 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, Opposite Kampala International University P.O. Box 676 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Thursday 9th June 2016 by 5:00 Pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline