Job Title: Dental Assistant (Fresher Career Jobs)
Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Suubi, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles dental patients, Supports dental officer during dental procedures.
- Designs patient follow up plans in the clinic and Books patients for dental services.
- The incumbent registers dental patients, Conducts monthly clinic inventory of dental equipment and consumables
- Maintains up-to-date patient medical records, uses clear, thorough, concise documentation.
- Maintains accurate reporting records in accordance with Watoto Medical Services and the Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Places drug orders within expected time-frames, maintaining clear accountability for prescribing and dispensing of drugs.
- The jobholder maintains high standards of sterility and infection control in the dental clinic and ensure proper hygiene of the dental unit.
- Washes and irons all dental linen and staff uniforms while ensuring that all worn-out items are reported to the in-charge promptly.
- Empties trash bins following proper waste management procedures & ensures that the bins are assembled in the proper manner to ease collection of waste.
- Cleans dental unit, this includes but not limited to washing walls, cleaning glass panes, polishing floors & removing cob-webs etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Watoto Child Care Ministries Dental Assistant career opportunity should hold an O’ level certificate
- One year of related working experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to children of all ages
- You need to have a high level of motivation and initiative, and strive for a high standard of practice
- Passionate about community health care
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV ( not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a cell recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Dental Assistant Candidate - First Name, Last Name).
Deadline: 27th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline