Job Title: Accountant - Receivables
Organisation: Med-Optics Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Med-Optics Ltd is a private company that was established in 2002 to provide quality ophthalmic and Optical services. Over the last 14 years, Med-Optics has established itself as the top and preferred provider of quality ophthalmic services in Uganda. Our patients can always be assured of quality eye care with attention to detail and follow up to ensure patient satisfaction. We are contracted to serve various insurance patients: UAP, Jubilee, ICEA, IHN, AON, CASE Medcare and Nakasero Health Insurance.
Job Summary: The Accountant - Receivables will be tasked with ensuring proper transaction processing of sales and account management of receivables.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Transaction Processing:
- Carry out day-to-day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, posting and recording accounts receivable data for selected service centers.
- Prepare, post sales invoices and bank deposits
- Prepare and post sales invoices and receive cash for the Laboratory and main store
- Prepare and deposit cash.
- Identify, verify discrepancies and resolve any billing and invoicing issues.
- Keenly monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Regularly review receivables accounts and recommend for bad debt provision and write off.
- Perform receivable account reconciliations.
2. Month-end reporting:
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable aging status.
- Post approved journals.
- Perform any other duties as maybe assigned by the Senior Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should at least hold a Bachelor of Commerce Degree and level 2 ACCA/CPA.
- A minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Principles and practices of organizational planning.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft office and the internet.
- Proficiency in different accounting packages like QuickBooks, Sage Pastel, and Tally.
- Adheres to Principles and Values.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letters and updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t attach any other documents; it is not a requirement at this point.
Deadline: 3rd June, 2016 by 5:00 pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by the 15th June, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline