Job Title: Country Coordinator
Organisation: Farm Radio International (FRI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Farm Radio International (FRI) is a Canadian non-profit organization with a mission to support broadcasters in developing countries to strengthen small scale farming and rural communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of overseeing the implementation of impact programs;
- Building and developing new partnerships and programs in Uganda;
- Ensuring quality of radio programming and support to partner radio stations;
- Offer support to FRI’s Broadcaster Partnership Programme;
- In charge of contributing to FRI’s strategic development in East Africa;
- Representing FRI in Uganda and the region; and managing FRI human and financial resources.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Master’s degree in Development, Communication, Agriculture and or related fields
- Three years’ experience in project management in Africa, including human resource, financial, and administrative management
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with African radio stations to design, develop and evaluate radio programming
- The applicant should possess with program management skills with a background in communication for development.
- Previous experience in, and a passion for, working with radio production is a strong advantage.
- Strong capacity for facilitating participatory, multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Previous exposure and experience in coordinating the delivery of broadcaster training and other capacity development services
- Prior experience in monitoring and evaluating the outcomes of communication strategies
- Previous experience in and capacity for program development, including developing concept notes and proposals, and negotiating contributions and grant agreements.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication abilities
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and cover letter including three professional referees & salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 27th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline