Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
Organisation: UAP Insurance Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Group Chief Finance Officer
The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisition resulted in Old Mutual Kenya, UAP Holdings and Faulu Microfinance Bank forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Group now offers customers a comprehensive and enhanced range of financial services which include Investment, Insurance, Banking, and Savings as well as a wider and more accessible distribution network. The wider group also offers broad career growth prospects for employees. UAP Insurance Uganda is part of the UAP Old Mutual Group.
Job Summary: The Chief Finance Officer will actively contribute to the broad financial strategy across the country and will primarily execute it through Managers and their teams, over a 1-2 year period.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Financial Reporting:
- The jobholder will be accountable for preparation of financial reports and record keeping for business unit through other managers and their teams.
- Could include consolidation of accounts.
2. Business Planning:
- The jobholder develops and takes accountability for the business unit business plan.
- Sets operational policies for the business.
3. Governance & Compliance:
- Ensures best financial operating practices are in place.
- Responsible for internal and external audit liaison.
- Ensures tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met.
- The jobholder also ensures IAS compliance within a unit.
- Sets operational policies for actuarial valuation of the business.
4. Financial Strategy:
- Actively contributes to and is individually accountable for implementing the broader financial strategy across the business over a 1-2 year period.
- Aligns financial and governance strategy to needs in the external market (inclusive of legislative changes)
- Translates strategy into business plan.
- Plays an active role in the Finance community and champions the financial soundness and profitability of the business unit.
- Understands and supports the business strategies of other i segments and markets.
5. Management Effectiveness:
- Manages staff and aligns staff performance contracts to : business plans.
- Manages team to optimize delivery.
- Holds first line managers accountable for managerial work, i including selection, performance management and talent management.
- Develops Manager of Others and specialists under supervision.
- Selects potential Manager of Others to sustain pipeline.
6. Risk Management: Monitors financial processes and performance for business ; unit/segment.
7. Tax Management: Looks for opportunities to minimize tax liabilities of the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Chief Finance Officer should hold a degree in Accounting, Finance. Possession of an MBA in Finance will be an added advantage
- Professional accounting qualifications i.e. ACCA/CPA
- A minimum of seven to eight years of relevant experience
- Personal Competencies: Information Monitoring, Business Awareness, Decision Making, Gaining Commitment, Ownership, Planning & Organizing, Technical Knowledge, Thinking Skills, Aligning Performance for Success, Gaining Commitment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com
Deadline: 27th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline