Organisation: BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
About BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd:
BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd is the largest Microfinance operation in Uganda coveringl 10 districts through 136 networked branches targeting Micro, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs of Uganda. BRAC boasts of promoting financial inclusion by extending financial services to the un served and underserved, now with over 160,000 borrowing clients, over 100Bn loan book with 99.3% recovery rate, operationally and financially self-sustaining.
Job Summary: The Administration, Procurement & Logistics Manager will primarily ensure efficient, effective and timely administrative, procurement and logistical support to Brac Microfinance Ltd operations while complying with the relevant policies and procedures. Salary: Negotiable,
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will oversee, develop, review and ensure efficient and effective implementation of administrative, procurement and logistical policies and procedures of Brac Microfinance Ltd
- Take charge of the development of a procurement plan and guide all users in procurement planning and actual procurement processes.
- The incumbent will receive all requisitions with details specification and justification (where required) and arrange immediate action following procurement guideline.
- Ensure transparency, Fairness and highest level of Integrity in all sort of procurements and logistics support in line with procurement principles of best practice.
- Confirm all kinds of materials are procured as per the demand from the user department and negotiate with the bidders to ensure Value for money
- The incumbent will preserve and ensure necessary documentation for audit trail and soft copy entry for future record
- Identify potential business, branch premises and work with legal department and management to negotiate and finalize leasing/ tenancy agreements, ensure the building are well constructed, maintained and satisfies health and occupation guidelines.
- Efficiently and timely procure quality materials, Items and services from competent sources.
- Responsible for all BRAC Microfinance Ltd, assets, properties and business premises, furniture, equipment, fittings, stationery and other supplies through safe keeping, proper inventory registers and records, maintenance, repairing, replacement and disposal of obsolete and unusable items.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and logistics or related degree
- Real estate management, CIPS, and project management will be added advantage.
- At least five years’ experience in the field of procurement preferably in the financial sector.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least three professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard copy applications should be sent to:
HR & Training Manager-BRAC Uganda Microfinance,
Plot 90 Busingiri Zone, off Entebbe Road, Nyanama,
P.O. Box 31817 Kampala Uganda
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline