Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
Mildmay Uganda is a faith- based local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) offering Comprehensive HIV Care & treatment, Training, Research & General Medical Services; also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Project Officer – Care and Treatment will coordinate and provide technical support within the assigned Region/s, to scale up provision of quality HIV and other health services that result in improved health outcomes for individuals, families, and communities; with district health systems strengthen to sustain these services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate HIV and other health services delivery in assigned Region (5- 6 districts); working within the district structures, involving other district stakeholders and MUg staff teams for improved quality and sustainable PCT in the supported region
- Actively promote the concept of quality management in supported district health facilities through implementing and emphasising continuous quality improvement practices for improvement service delivery
- Work closely with district structures, and other stakeholders to scale up coverage of quality health services through functional coordinated linkages and partnerships in the districts.
- Work in liaison with training and other HSS team members to coordinate and support capacity improvements at district and health facility levels and competence building of district health workers to contribute to strengthening of health systems.
- Plan HSS PCT regional activities and Coordinate Team activities in a manner that enhances optimal performance
- The incumbent will compile periodic performance reports, manage feedback to assigned districts and participate in MUg-HSS operational research activities to support timely project progress reporting by the organisation to its various stakeholders, contribute to evidenced based practices promotion and organisational visibility
- Appropriately utilize and account for the assigned organisational funds so as to ensure implementation of the HSS activities in the MUg supported districts
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an MBChB. Possession of a Master’s degree in Public Health or similar i.e. in International medicine/GP is an added advantage
- Certificate of registration with relevant professional body
- Possession of a valid Annual practicing licence
- Working knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment
- Working knowledge of Ministry of Health systems/district health service delivery
- Prior team management experience is an added advantage
- Good networking skills
- Planning plan and coordinating a multitude of activities
- Good negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with the communities
- Good mentoring and coaching skills
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in various MS Office packages
- Working knowledge of English and local languages
- Hard working, trust-worthy, and holding the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- The applicant must also be flexible, reliable, and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
- Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their interest to The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza, Kampala, Uganda at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating in the subject of the email, the position applied for or through P.O. Box 24985, Kampala. Certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of which should be a former employer).
Deadline: 30th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline