Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head - Special Assets Management
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Special Assets Manager - Credit Department will proactively manage both Consumer Banking and medium Corporate borrowing accounts showing early signs of deteriorating trends, and non-performing accounts in order to turnaround the accounts, improve performance and minimize losses to the Bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- On a daily basis call, issue arrears notices and follow-up on clients that have not settled their monthly obligations to improve portfolio quality and avoid losses to the Bank.
- Provide support the branches by responding to queries regarding loan account balances raised by customers for effective communication and customer service
- Quick responding to customer queries regarding the status of their accounts including reconciliations in case their accounts have irregularities.
- Discuss repayment plans with defaulting clients, recommend to BSMs accounts that can be restructured accordingly to enhance portfolio quality.
- Ensure client files are up to date with all communications, correspondences and file notes to ease the recovery procedure.
- Regularly check for security perfection for those accounts that are NPA or are showing signs of deterioration forward to legal to ensure a smooth and quick foreclosure process. If security is not perfected forward to Legal.
- Timely capturing of cash flows in the system for proper IFRS Reporting to minimize provisions and compliance
- Process release of securities for accounts that have been paid off and forward to BSM for no recommendation to maximize profit for the Bank
- Ensure quality of respective allotted portfolio.
- Personally manage a special portfolio of unique and complicated accounts that require more experienced management like deceased accounts, skip accounts, legal action, Supervisor review accounts (as referred by external agents), abandoned cases (if any), VIP accounts, repossessed vehicles and restructured accounts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Special Assets Manager - Credit Department career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a Financial Institution with at least 1 year in credit approval & structuring or credit administration or in debt recovery.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Bank’s Credit policies.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Broad understanding and knowledge of FIA/IFRS guidelines & regulations on asset quality.
- Basic understanding of the legal framework.
- High standards of performance and Control of Quality
- Leadership, management and team building skills (Initiative, decision making, dispute resolution, good customer service, very good negotiation skills).
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 17th May 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 2nd May 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline