Organisation: eResources Uganda (Non-profit Organization)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Reference Number: ERE/JOB/06/16
eResources Uganda is a Consultancy firm that seeks to recruit for its valuable client, a national and indigenous Non-Governmental Organization working to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offering technical to the Conservation & Livelihood Officer in promoting and implementing activities according to the prescribed project work plan.
- Work closely with the project Reproductive Health officer to provide daily technical supervision and other support to community groups to ensure proper implementation of integrated Sexual Reproductive Health and conservation activities.
- Ensure that lessons learnt and success stories in the community are well documented and submitted to the Conservation & Livelihood Officer.
- Guiding the Village Environmental Committees (VEC) in formulating and implementation of the Environmental Action Plans.
- Providing advice to community groups, land owners on appropriate sustainable agricultural, agro forestry, land use practices.
- Take part in making project quarterly work plans, budgets & reports.
- Actively participate in evaluation & monitoring features of nature conservation or ecosystem in project area.
- In charge of promoting the concept of sustainability to the community
- Organizing, supervising, training and supporting the community and volunteers (Village Health Teams, Village Environmental Committees, Beach Management Units).
- In charge of preparing effective records/reports using acceptable formats
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Community Conservation Officer job vacancy should hold a Degree in Agriculture, Environmental Management, Economics, Development studies or any other relevant fields
- A minimum of five years of experience and proven background in development management and programming,
- Previous experience with wide range of donor reporting and compliance requirements
- Excellent command of English
- Proven writing skills and ability to produce high quality reports, strategy papers, concept notes, project proposals in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 27th May, 2016.
NB: The applicants should quote the reference number and job title applied for. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of soliciting may lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline