Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager Education
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Job Summary: The Project Manager, Early Childhood Development (ECD) will plan, design, implement, monitor, scale up, and provide technical support and supervision to BRAC Uganda’s Early Childhood Development (ECD) project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will identify sector challenges and assess needs to develop appropriate interventions fitting the Uganda context;
- Prepare detailed implementation plans including budget preparation, based on program targets and adjust with the available fund;
- The incumbent will ensure supportive supervision, coaching and mentoring systems for the ECD team at the field to ensure timely technical support and information flow at every level, maintaining quality standards;
- Ensure design and modification of appropriate curriculum for pre-primary, and 3-5 year olds in formal primary school settings
- Prepare concept notes for research/study/survey/proposal on ECD issues in conjunction with internal and external stakeholder;
- Prepare and facilitate in preparing different reports and documents on program experiences and process, best practices and results, including preparing MOUs and TORs for various assignments;
- Ensure effective dissemination strategy for program learning and feedbacks, study evidences and results considered for on-going program improvement, and for future program interventions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The BRAC Uganda Project Manager, Early Childhood Development (ECD) should hold a Master’s degree in relevant field. Post-graduate specialization in relevant field preferable in Early Childhood Care and Development, Education management, leadership, policy-advocacy, research methodology, learning and child development assessment, material development, and any other.
- Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Development, education management, leadership, policy-advocacy, research methodology, learning and child development assessment, material development, community participation, social mobilization or relevant field.
- A minimum of six years’ experience in relevant field including three years in managerial or technical leadership position. Teaching in early years will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Ugandan education system especially about the available service of early learning opportunities, government policies, departments and institutions in the education field.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least three professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to email@example.com.
Deadline: 29th April 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline