Organisation: Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Strategic Information and Innovations
Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee with an NGO status, whose Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans.” UHMG works in partnership with public, private, and civil society institutions to improve the quality of life of Ugandans through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions. Using the Good Life Platform as its launch pad, UHMG has employed uniquely designed interventions and innovative behavior change communication approaches to raise people’s awareness of and demand for health care services for Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria, and Maternal & Child Health.
Job Summary: The Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) will provide professional and strategic oversight for the Information, Communication, and Technology (ICT) mandate of UHMG. The incumbent will ensure sustained UHMG organizational ICT infrastructure in line with the ICT management and operational policies and guidelines, while ensuring value for money, efficiency and effectiveness. The incumbent will also will ensure effective strategic oversight through ICT planning, budgeting and managing performance. As UHMG’s growth and innovations are increasingly reliant on up-to-date technology, ICT Manager’s role is crucial to business continuity and success. The role holder shall develop, design, maintain, and manage progressive infrastructure solutions with a long-term view to the business objectives and a view towards reliability, availability, security, efficiency and cost effectiveness. The jobholder will also advise UHMG on ICT (IT) solutions that will best help the organization to grow and perform more efficiently.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership on ICT matters for the organization including evaluation of ideas and investment in ICT equipment and projects that will improve UHMG’s processes. This entails ICT strategic planning and budgeting.
- Develop and implement the ICT section of the organization’s strategic plan and business plan.
- Build and maintain an effective ICT business continuity plan and implement the necessary disaster recovery procedures.
- The incumbent will prepare annual budget estimates for the department in line with the approved ICT strategy.
- Optimize the use of ICT to ensure UHMG’s efficiency is achieved to the highest possible level.
- Ensure that security and safety of UHMG’s ICT systems, infrastructure and data is achieved to the highest possible degree, with practical remedies in place for disaster recovery.
- Take lead in ensuring that the entire UHMG team is acquainted with the organization’s ICT infrastructure and systems, the ICT Policies and Procedure provisions, as well as building the capacity of the team from time to time.
- Lead on proposal development for projects in innovations within UHMG through the use of ICT to enhance the achievement of its strategic goals.
- Keenly monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of ICT systems, and keep up-to-date with prevailing trends.
- Ensure a smooth transition when changing over from old systems to the new ones.
- Coordinate all ICT activities and keep UHMG Management team and other internal stakeholders updated on the progress.
- Ensure value for money and safe guard UHMG’s investment in ICT and related projects.
- Develop and monitor technical specifications for procurement and contractual services for ICT-related goods and services.
- Establish and maintain all corporate ICT infrastructure, including anti-virus software, server and print services, email provision, LAN and WAN.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships with all company ICT hardware and software suppliers.
- Manage the preparation and timely submission of monthly and quarterly ICT management reports.
- Supervise and manage the performance and development of staff in the department in line with the Organization’s goals, objectives, policies and regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s degree in Information Systems, Master of Science in Information & Communication Systems, Masters in Computer Science, Masters in Information Systems, Master in Library Information System, or related field.
- The jobholder should also hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field.
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) qualification is an added advantage
- A minimum of six years’ relevant work experience in computer systems and strategic ICT leadership.
- Excellent hands-on information systems management.
- Proven ability to configure, terminate and manage servers, computer networks.
- Excellent abilities in configuration and management of the various ICT platforms.
- Exceptional skills in troubleshooting and resolving ICT security and safety issues. Experience in IT service and security management.
- Extensive experience in ICT project management and business continuity planning.
- ICT strategic management skills.
- Significant experience in managing WAN and LAN including overseeing major LAN/WAN projects
- Skills in design, implementation and management of network security
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizing skills
- Outstanding knowledge of the different ICT platforms.
- Highly flexible with ability to multitask and resolve ICT systems downtime; be able to work under pressure with competing deadlines in a demanding and challenging work environment.
- The applicant should be a person of integrity, energetic, dynamic and innovative fast and yet strategic thinker.
- Exceptional knowledge on specific management information systems, ICT protocols, application of innovations and able to be ahead and forecast the constantly changing ICT environment
- The person should have the capacity to work under minimum supervision, and maintain an efficient ICT system while adhering to set procedures.
- This position requires a highly skilled and experienced person, with the capacity and proficiency in Systems Administration, as well as strategic ICT application to enhance organizational performance.
- The position requires a flexible person, a fast learner and self-driven individual, with the ability of conceptualize ICT issues and device solutions in real time.
- S/he should be detail- and results-oriented, have strong conceptual, analytical, and reporting skills, with expertise in information gathering, system problem identification, trouble shooting, analysis, and timely reporting, be proactive in instituting innovative, sustainable, and cost-effective interventions, and work dedicatedly to fulfill the organization’s goals
- The applicant should be willing to uphold the Core Values of UHMG i.e. Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility, and Equity.
- The applicant must be motivated, focused, disciplined professional, with the drive and dynamism to work under pressure with competing deadlines, and possess the ability to make an immediate impact.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and result-oriented skills, and experience in managing objectives with the customer in mind.
- Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility, tactful, ability to plan, organize and measure outcomes of interventions.
- Exemplary and honest, with a high level of energy and integrity, and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Flexible, innovative, with good record keeping, communication, presentation, report-writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with excellent people management and presentation skills, and the ability to make positive contributions.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their applications with copies of Curriculum Vitae, names of three professional referees, copies of certified academic documents, and telephone and email contacts to: The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd.; Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Monday 2nd May 2016 by 4:00 pm (East African Time)
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline