Job Title: IT Infrastructure Support Officer
Organization: AAR Healthcare Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
AAR Healthcare Uganda Limited is the largest provider of outpatient health care services in Uganda having begun its operations in 1994. The company is committed to excellent client experience with a focus on quality provision of health services, by engaging professionally qualified staff, continuous review of its medical practice, systems and processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The IT Infrastructure Support Officer will offer first level support for user infrastructure requests including PC support, network support, email and internet support
- Ensure that data communication within the company is reliable and of sufficient capacity to meet AAR business needs.
- Continuously update users with simple troubleshooting tips through the AAR Intranet
- The incumbent will test all hardware equipment before they are deployed to the working environment
- Mentor and train users on operation of hardware equipment.
- Carry out periodic site visits (as per support schedule) to survey condition of hardware equipment
- Manage the AAR Wide-Area Network (WAN) infrastructure and ensure that new sites are adequately prepared to run AAR systems and join the AAR WAN
- Manage physical network infrastructure, including wired and wireless LAN
- The incumbent will also manage the acquisition of new network hardware
- Manage the critical infrastructure services – Internet, E-mail, Active directory, Firewalls, Proxy, Anti-virus, WINS, DNS, DHCP, printing
- Keenly monitor and control the service levels of network suppliers and establish a list of monitored network activities
- Monitor bandwidth usage and determine the impact / implication of related issues and recommend solutions to counter potential downtime
- Ensure adherence to all IT polices
- Ensure the IT equipment inventory is up to date at all the times
- Keenly review and monitor the status of IT and communications related hardware and give servicing / replacement / upgrade recommendation(s) to the respective departments
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of new / enhanced IT and communications related infrastructure
- Perform any other duties related to systems support as assigned or deemed necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the IT Infrastructure Support Officer career opportunity should hold a Degree in IT or a related course.
- At least two years’ experience in an IT position with proven support skills in; Microsoft Windows Server, Cisco Networking, Linux, IT Security, IT infrastructure Library (ITIL), hardware and software user support skills.
- Working knowledge of Systems, LAN and WAN support.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- The applicant must be a team player
- Excellent analytical, networking and problem solving skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send us their comprehensive applications and up-to-date CVs, copies of certificates including daytime telephone numbers via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include three referees, none of whom should be your relative and all of whom should have supervised you, taught you or known you through work. The referees’ information should include day time telephone numbers and email addresses. Please note that only successfully candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22nd April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline