Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Plan International is an international non-profit and the largest child centered development organizations in the world. It was founded over 75 years ago and working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan International is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sponsorship Duties:
- The Sponsorship / Monitoring and Evaluation Data Entrant Graduate Intern will receive weekly sponsorship home visit reports from Program Areas
- In charge of data entry of sponsorship weekly home visits from Program Areas
- Actively participate in the sponsorship projects streamlining process
2. Monitoring and Evaluation Duties:
- Offer support in field studies / data collection
- Support data entry and processing in the department
- Rapporteuring during monitoring, evaluation and research meetings/workshops
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Sponsorship / Monitoring and Evaluation Data Entrant Graduate Intern position should have attained a degree in Social Sciences/Development studies/any related field in the last 18 months.
- No working experience required
- Hands on skills in qualitative & quantitative data analysis packages (excel & SPSS) will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy skills i.e. knowledge, i.e. MS. Access, Epi-info, SPSS, Ms. Word, Ms. Excel
- The graduates should be willing to commit their time on the program for the entire year.
- The graduates should demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude, ability to learn.
- Graduates who were sponsored by Plan or have experienced the impact of Plan’s community development programs in their homes are encouraged to apply, including members of the Youth Advisory Panel.
- Proven ability to produce results within deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish credibility quickly
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Duration: July 2016 – December 2016
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates who wish to join Plan International as Graduate Trainees should send their electronic copies (of not more than 2MB) of letters of application letter, together with a CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus a statement indicating the objective of the internship and the expected outcomes to: The Country Human Resources Manager, Plan Uganda via Email to: email@example.com, indicating the job position in the subject line.
Deadline: 22nd April, 2016
NB: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by
31st May 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline