Job Title: Capacity Building Coordinator
Organisation: Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA) is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was formed to contribute to Uganda’s efforts in enhancing access to quality HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment, and support services to families with a historical focus on Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission (eMTCT) of HIV. PREFA has secured funding for interventions against Commercial Sex Exploitation of Children (CSEC), targeting the areas of Kampala and Wakiso.
Job Summary: The Capacity Building Coordinator will offer technical leadership, guidance, and strategic direction around capacity development activities to the PREFA projects at all levels (from PREFA to tine implementing districts). The incumbent will also work closely with project team to make sure that capacity building events and activities are implemented effectively and achieve anticipated results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out continuous training needs assessment for PREFA staff and the implementing stakeholders.
- Link with other relevant stakeholders like Ministry of Health to ensure that PREFA has updated curricula in the relevant areas, and develop new ones where there is a gap.
- Carry out regular mentorship for the implementing stakeholders.
- Organize and conduct effective trainings as per work plan.
- Manage PREFAs training database.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in BA SWASA, BA Development studies, BA Education, BA Community Psychology or Health related field and Masters in Public Health or Health Services Research or Health Services Management
- A minimum of five years of experience working with government structures, specifically district health systems.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in capacity building in the context of health systems strengthening.
- Significant experience in curriculum development (indicate the specific curriculum and your contribution)
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; forwarding letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 5th May 2016 by 5.00PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline