Organisation: Caritas Kotido
Project Name: Integrated Food Security Project (INFOSEP)
Funding Source: Catholic Agency for Overseas Development (CAFOD)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Food Security Project Officer
Caritas Kotido, established in 1991, is the social development arm of the Catholic Diocese of Kotido. Caritas Kotido is mandated with the task of assessing the needs of the people, designing and implementing developmental interventions with the aim of changing their lives in Kotido Catholic Diocese. In the last two decades, Caritas has worked mainly in the areas of social economic development, particularly targeting poor farmers and pastoralists, women, and people living with HIV/AIDS, as well as orphans and vulnerable children.
About CAFOD Project:
Caritas Kotido has signed an agreement with Catholic Agency for Overseas Development (CAFOD) to implement a three-year project on Integrated Food Security Project (INFOSEP) in Kotido Diocese. The integrated nutrition and food security project (INFOSEP) is being implemented in four catholic Parishes viz; Kanawat Parish (Kacheri sub County), Loyoro Parish (Loyoro Sub County), Morulem Parish (Nyakwae and Morulem Sub Counties) and Kapedo Parish (Kawalakol and Kapedo Sub Counties).
Job Summary: The Project Assistant- Food Security will support the Food Security Project Officer in the implementation of the Food Security result area activities and ensure community based linkage with the head office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct community based implementation of food security activities.
- In charge of writing of project Monthly progress reports.
- Carrying out meetings and training with the community as pertains project activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the project assistant- food security job opportunities should hold a Diploma in Animal Husbandry, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, and development studies. Experience in the FBO/ NGO work will be an added advantage.
- Good Knowledge of Christianity and the social doctrines of the church.
- Good leaderships skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-Motivated individual
- Working with minimum supervision
- High degree of creativity and innovativeness
- Hold a valid driving permit
- Fluency/Good Command of Luo is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae, relevant academic and other relevant work experience documents to;
The Secretary SSD Board,
Kotido Catholic Diocese,
P.O. Box 55, Kotido -Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th April, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline