Organization: South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Ltd (SEPSPEL)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Wakiso/ Gomba, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Ltd (SEPSPEL) evolved from Busia Private Sector Promotion Centre, which was established in 1998 by the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MoFPED) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as a GoU/UNDP programme which ended in 2002. We target Vulnerable Households with interventions including; Livelihoods, Education, Child Protection, Health, Water and Sanitation. We also build the capacities of the Private Sector through trainings, mentorship and on job coaching. In Partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), we will be implementing two OVC projects; Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth (SOCY) and DREAMS in Wakiso and Gomba Districts.
Job Summary: The Project Supervisor -Household Economic Strengthening will mainly be responsible for supervising field agents and ensuring the quality of the SILC groups they form; developing FA skills and certifying them as PSPs; overseeing their work as PSPs and organizing them into networks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively promote the project and the PSP-SILC to community stakeholders
- Offer technical support in the recruitment process for field agents
- Mentor and train field agents in SILC Model
- Keenly monitor, coach and provide feedback to FAs to develop their skills in SILC methodology
- Ensure the quality of SILC groups through regular field visits and spot checks
- Organize and facilitate project events with local leaders, agents and groups, as needed
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of agent reporting
- Regularly review data collection forms and MIS reports and take action
- Verify stipends due to agents
- Organize and oversee PSP networks
- Work closely with the project manager to certify and launch PSPs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Social work and any other related field
- Previous experience working with community-based projects
- Previous experience with savings group programming is helpful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in one or more languages of the operating area
- Willingness to be based in the field and to travel long distances
- Ability to ride a motorcycle
- Hold a Valid motorcycle permit
- Age: Between 25-35 years old
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include the following documentation:
- Application letter clearly specifying the position, salary history and duty station
- Updated Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
- Copies of certified Academic Transcripts and any relevant trainings
- Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Address your application to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
South Eastern Private Sector Promotion Enterprise Limited (SEPSPEL)
Plot 10 Ogoola Road,
P.O. Box 62 Busia, Uganda.
Hand deliver your application to any of the SEPSPEL offices below:
- Jinja office: Gabula Road opposite Crisis Pregnancy Centre
- Bugiri Office, near Gilgal Guest House
- Iganga Regional office, Kaliro Road near Sterling Construction offices/Mutukula Market
- Busia head Office, opposite Madibira P/S.
OR send an email to email@example.com (Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and include all documents in one attachment.
Deadline: 19th April, 2016 by 2.00 PM (East Africa standard time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline