Organization: BRAC International Uganda
Duty Station: BRAC Uganda. Masaka and Mbarara, Uganda
BRAC, the largest non-governmental development organization in the world, is working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia, with a view to alleviate poverty. The organization implements integrated development approach combining education, health, agriculture, Livestock, adolescent empowerment, and micro finance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and supervise PAH (Program Assistant Health), CHPs and AHPs on GMP, nutrition forums and peer education
- Train the PAHs and CHPs on ANC & PNC
- Oversee and assist the PAH to conduct GMP and Nutrition Forums as well as peer education conducted by AHPs within the community
- Supervise and conduct household visits with the CHP and PAH (at least 15-20households per day per CHP, visits all households under PAHs catchment area within 6 months, cross checking patients seen by CHPs)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Area Coordinator must hold a BSc. in Nutrition/ Nursing field
- A minimum of three years of work experience in the related job field
- Must be self directed, well organized, goal oriented with enhanced problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and related business software such Ms. Office. Access and others
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with this prestigious NGO, BRAC International, should send their applications including a cover letter, an Updated CV stating bibliography and detailed permanent address, photocopy of their academic papers, 2 copies of colored passport size photographs, LC1 recommendation letter, and a day time contact number and send through post office to: the Human Resource Department, BRAC Uganda, Busingiri Zone in Nyanama off Entebbe Road, P. O. Box 31817, Clock Tower, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: (Please this is to inform the general public that Clock Tower is post office where you should send your application, while Nyanama is where BRAC Country Offices are, so avoid the mistakes of going to post office whenever called upon for interviews.
Deadline: 24th January, 2014
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline