Job Title: Civil Construction Engineer
Organisation: CNOOC Uganda Limited (CNOOC)
Duty Station: Kampala and mobilized to the Lake Albert region, other construction sites or other cities as required
CNOOC Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC). As a new company in Uganda, CNOOC Uganda Limited is delighted to offer employment opportunities to the local talent. Grow your career with CNOOC Uganda Limited and join our experienced team of professionals. Are you focused, committed, passionate and ready to take on new challenges? Then this could be your opportunity to make a valid contribution to the development of the oil and gas sector in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Civil Construction Engineer will be responsible for the supervision of construction works in the Kingfisher Discovery Area — Kingfisher access road over the escarpment as well as the in-field roads and other facilities i.e camps, pads etc.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance for the construction sites layout.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and company's QHSE Standards.
- Direct construction, operations and maintenance activities at project sites.
- Offer technical advice regarding design, construction, modifications and structural repairs of facilities to the project team.
- Taking part in the allocation of roles among the subordinates of different disciplines in the site construction project.
- Controlling the quality, schedule, budget etc of construction projects.
- Working with the QHSE department to deal with building permits, etc and to agree and manage civil works safety performance.
- Assist arrange the job among the subordinates of different disciplines in the site construction project.
- Perform any other duties assigned by superior.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor degree or above in engineering, construction or the related.
- A mimimum of five years of related working experience.
- Extensive knowledge of construction and project management.
- Extensive knowledge of the procedures of project and construction.
- Knowledge of site construction engineering technology.
- Good understanding constructional engineering, fabrication, commissioning, etc.
- Good understanding of the oil and gas industry.
How to Apply:
Please send ONLY a CV and an application Letter MERGED into ONE document to this email address: email@example.com.
NB: Please DO NOT attach any other documents and ensure to quote the JOB TITLE in the Subject of your email. Only candidates that follow these instructions and meet the minimum requirements shall be contacted.
Deadline: Monday 2nd December, 2013 at 5.00pm.