Job Title: Contract Accountant-UBL
Organisation: International Courier Company
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Summary: Providing analytical, Management accounting, financial accounting and reporting to the Beverages UBL contract.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management accounting and analysis
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Liaison with other business units
- Tactical support for Beverages ESM, BARM, Contract Managers and Uganda FM
- Balance sheet accounts update and reconciliation of dedicated accounts.
- Preparation of ABC weekly and monthly management report
- Prepare audit schedules in liaison with group internal and external auditors.
- Other responsibilities as delegated by the Beverages BUM, BARM and FM Kenya
- Daily checking of the contract's transactional activities
- Preparation of ABC weekly and monthly activity reports
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations for the accounts under UBL contract
- Preparation of audit schedules for audits and review with BARM
- Preparation of monthly Stock losses and damages reports and analysis against set tolerance limits
- Monthly financial reporting and variance analysis of the Business unit's Financial Performance
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts, integrated business plans in line with the group requirements.
- Analyze and report contract's process improvement projects and initiatives performances
- Management of Suppliers/Transporters within the contract by ensuring timely processing, proper approvals, timely payment and timely feedback on supplier account queries.
- Reconciliation of billing schedules with client's finance teams and securing sign off before invoicing
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing of Contracts revenue streams. Checking final client invoices tie in with signed off billing schedules
- Manage contract debt collections by ensuring all the invoices are paid on time.
- Preparation of Capital expenditure documents as per the group's Capex plan and manage the contract assets register.
- Liaison with Accountant payable on transporters payments and transporters deductions plans.
- Conduct weekly meeting with Manager's within the contract to discuss the contract's financial performance based on ABC reporting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a Business Degree. Full accounting professional qualifications e.g. CPA- K /CPA-U or ACCA required
- Two years accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of Oracle accounting systems, IT skills (MS Suite)
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Languages: Proficiency in both English and Kiswahili
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses
Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline