Job Title: Project Officer-Child Protection
Organisation: Cheshire Services Uganda (CSU)
Project: Girl Education Challenge (GEC)
Reports to: GEC Project Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Cheshire Services Uganda (CSU) is a local nongovernmental organization working in the field of disability arid development CSU is a member of the Leonard Cheshire Disability Global Alliance, a membership of over 55 countries. CSU works with and for Persons with Disabilities through four thematic programme areas of Livelihood, Inclusive Education, Advocacy and campaign and Health and rehabilitation. CSU has been selected by the Girls Education Challenge (GEC) to receive DFID funding to design a project to effect long-lasting and transformative change for girls with disabilities in Kampala district. The project will support girls with disabilities to enroll and demonstrate learning and retention in mainstream primary schools. CSU will in the next five months develop the project further basing on the baseline to be conducted. CSU therefore wishes to recruit a highly qualified and sett motivated team to deliver the project upon final approval for implementation.
Job Summary: The Project Officer-Child Protection will give technical support identification of issues of chief abuse, refer cases of child abuse and link with other organizations working with children.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identity cases of abuse of children with disabilities in the communities of Kampala district.
- Refer cases of violation to the relevant authorities for redress.
- Empower families of children with disabilities to be able to identify and report cases of violation.
- Establish networks with local and national government to address issues of child abuse.
- Link with development organizations to address issues of child abuse.
- In coordination with other program and teams, formulate and coordinate conduct of quality research and policy analysis on children with disabilities, addressing the determinants of the social exclusion, disabilities, inequalities as well as implications on families, economic and national public policies.
- Arrange trainings for stall on child protection.
- Participate in policy dialogue and development with the Government,
- Prepare and submit activity and monthly reports to the Project Manager for review.
- Anny other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a University degree in Social work and Social Administration, Gender, Community Rehabilitation, social sciences, sociology.
- At least three (3) work experience in a similar field
- Experience in community work experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming.
- Trainings in child protection will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their application letters, CVs with three referees and copies of academic documents and state current and expected salary amount to:
The Chairperson Cheshire Services, Uganda Plot 953, Koire Close, off Bukoto-Ntinda Road, Bukoto. P.O Box 70012 Clock Tower, Kampala, Uganda
NB: Please clearly indicate on the envelope the position you are applying for. CSU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages suitably qualified persons with disabilities and females to apply.
Deadline: 31st July, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our
facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline