Job Title: Community Development Officer
Organisation: Wakiso District Service Commission
Duty Station: Namayumba, Wakiso, Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job holder will conduct planning and budgeting for development programmes at the community level.
- He / She will also be supervising staff that are involved in uplifting the social and economic welfare of local communities.
- Organizing local communities to effectively participate in development initiatives.
- Sensitizing communities on gender issues, social rights, roles and obligations.
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on community development programmes and projects.
- Promoting the equal participation of all communities in development programmes.
- Promoting the creation and growth of functional groups for the improved welfare of the population.
- The CDO will also be training communities in literacy programmes and income generating activities
- Giving technical advice on the effective mobilization of the community for development.
- Sensitizing communities to adhere to existing legislation on gender and child rights.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The CDO should possess an honors degree in the Development Studies, Arts, Social Sciences, Social works and Social Administration and Management Science from a recognized University or Institution.
Age Limit: 25 yrs & above
How to Apply:
All applications for these vacancies at Wakiso District Local Government should be sent by filling in triplicate and thereafter addressed and submitted to the Secretary, District Service Commission - Wakiso P.O. Box 7218, Kampala, Uganda. The applications should be filled with a PSC Application Form 3 (2008) obtainable from Public Service Commission-Kampala or the Secretary District Service Commission - Wakiso or any other District Service Commissions at your convenience.
Please adhere to these instructions else your application may be incomplete and disqualified on these grounds
- For those already in service, Application should be routed through your respective Heads of Departments who should observe the closing date.
- Applications must bear the title of the post applied for as well as the reference number 3. Only PHOTOSTAT copies of academic certificates and testimonials and NOT originals must be attached to the applications.
- Passport size photographs (of your current appearance) should be attached on each of the forms for ease of identification.
- Attach a Day time telephone contact numbers/E-mail address should be clearly indicated.
Deadline: 2nd August, 2013