Job Title: Network Administrator
Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: IT Infrastructure Manager
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency. We now have a vacancy in our organization. We invite you, if you are a self-driven, results-oriented individual, a team player who is keen on a new experience to take up the challenge for an efficient business delivery model.
Job Summary: The Network Administrator will provide maintenance of all IT infrastructure and shared resources in particular by providing connectivity, ensuring security to the Internet and intranet resources for the entire enterprise as well as maintenance of network backbone
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the IT infrastructure network to ensure availability of services 24/7
- Documentation of the UTL network layout (Router, switches, cabling, Modems)
- Allocation and maintenance of IP address space
- Maintain standards for the network and associated related components including compliance to the software licenses
- Network hardware and software inventory management
- Developing and maintenance of security standards for local and remote connectivity
- Manage interconnection to other systems like the Telephone Exchanges, IN, SMSC and USSD
- Monitor the status of the network and its services (VPN, Dial-up etc.) at all times.
- Carry out routine maintenance according to agreed schedules
- Investigate problems with network components and hardware and ensure appropriate corrective action
- Implement relevant section of the IT security Policy
- Network Capacity Management
- Testing of new network technologies and implementation
- Monitor and report on the performance of the unit in terms of defined targets and objectives, and provide explanations for any performance deviations, and as required provide recommendations for the redress of any difficulties
- Prepare budgets and monitor all costs and expenses falling under network Infrastructure administration
and support change management and configuration management processes.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Information Technology
- 3 years’ experience in planning, implementing and maintaining state of the art IP networks.
- Well rounded IT background of infrastructure management (networks, systems, web-hosting and Software), complimented by strong knowledge of Telecommunications.
- Good knowledge in the operation and management of Network Attached storage
- Cisco Certified Network Associate as a MUST
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation and networking skills.
- Strong team and collaborative skills, ability to lead/perform in a team environment.
- High level of personal energy and willingness to take the initiative in planning and organizing daily work.
- Good judgment in discerning between priority and non-priority issues.
- Strong desire to acquire and apply new skills in a constantly evolving highly technical environment.
Thinking; Innovation and Creativity; Risk Taking and Risk Management;
Results Orientation skills
How to Apply:
All suitable jobs candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resource & Administration Officer
P.O Box 7171, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 28th June 2013 at 5:00 PM
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline