Job Title: Health Technical Monitoring Officer
Organisation: Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
Duty Station: Budget Monitoring and Accountability Unit (BMAU), Uganda
The mission of Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development is to formulate sound economic policies, maximize revenue mobilization, and ensure efficient allocation and accountability for public resources so as to ensure sustainable economic growth and development. The Budget Monitoring and Accountability Unit (BMAU), within the Budget Directorate operationalizes this mission through tracking public resources and monitoring actual implementation of Government programmes for improved service delivery. BMAU is currently focusing on the five key investment areas (sectors): Agriculture; Infrastructure (Energy and Roads); Social Services (Education, Health, and Water and Sanitation); Industrialization and ICT; and Micro Finance. Monitoring covers all central government ministries, departments and agencies in these sectors and all districts in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer will specifically handle health related work in the Budget Monitoring and Accountability Unit and the Ministry in General.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze expenditures in the health sector in the Integrated Financial Management System, Output Based Budgeting Tool and other sectoral and local government planning and budgeting tools.
- Review the sectoral Ministerial Policy Statement; Budget Framework Papers, and
- Progress Reports to assess consistency
- Physical monitoring to access use of public funds by spending entities at the Central and Local Government level.
- Undertake commissioned research
- Participate in Health Sector Reviews
- Produce key budget monitoring reports, research reports and policy briefs.
- Guide and train the Research Assistant(s) allocated to you.
- Contribute to budget analysis under the Directorate of Budget
- Carry-out any other duties assigned by the Head Budget Monitoring and Accountability Unit.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Applicant should possess a Masters in Health Economics, Social Sciences, Social Sector Planning and Management, Development Studies or related fields.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the health sector.
- Additional training in M & E or at least 2 years’ experience in M & E and/or research.
- Experience in the public sector is an added advantage.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Computer literate.
How to apply:
All applicants should send their applications to: The Permanent Secretary/Secretary to Treasury Attention: Head, Budget Monitoring and Accountability Unit (Room 3.13) Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, P. O. Box 8147, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 28th June, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline