Job Title: Financial Accountant
Organisation: Malaria Consortium (MC)
Reports to: Country Finance Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Malaria Consortium is one of the world's leading non-profit organisations dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. The organisation works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity. In Uganda, the Malaria Consortium has a large malaria prevention portfolio and is responsible for the effective distribution of very large numbers of long lasting insecticide treated mosquito nets.
Job Summary: The Financial Accountant will maintain and control the completeness and accuracy o the financial system and records during the Universal LLIN Distribution exercise
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Financial Administration
- Act as the first point of contact for all payment an( queries relating to the Universal LLIN Distributor Exercise.
- Assist the management accountant with queries relating ( to project' accounts
- Manage and oversee the entry of all Ugandan shilling payments and receipts into the GL for the Universal LLIN Distribution Exercise
- Review advance requests in accordance with Malaria Consortium policies
- Review all accountabilities for the LLIN distribution for accuracy on a timely manner and ensure that all queries: are addressed on time.
- Follow-up on outstanding advances with the Account Officers and ensure they are chased up and cleared posted in PSF and properly filled.
- Make sure that all paybacks receipted using the Malaria Consortium receipt voucher and deposited ti appropriate Malaria Consortium account on time
2. PS Financial System:
- Check the correctness of coding, completeness of financial documents and review the batches of invoice and payments prior to posting to the accounting system relating to the Universal LLIN Distribution Exercise.
- Prepare JVs for approval by the Country Finance Manager for any adjustments as necessary and keep the JV form sequentially in file
- Prepare reconciliations of Advance accounts for the SMP program staff every month
3. Supervisory: Manage the Accounts Officer's work on the Universal LLII Distribution Exercise
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Part or fully Qualified ACCA accountant
- At least three years' experience with NGOs, audit experience, with at least one year's in a managerial position.
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- Working knowledge of accounting software
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Malaria Consortium should send a detailed CV, a covering letter explaining their suitability and contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline: 21st June, 2013