Job Title: Operation Support Manager
Reports to: Country Director (CD)
Organisation: War Child Holland
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About War Child Holland:
War Child Holland is working in Northern Uganda in Acholi, Lango and Karamoja (Abim) with a country office in Kampala since 2004. The programme aims at improving psycho-social well being of children and youth in former war and/or conflict zones, through education, child protection and psychosocial support intervention, to this end War Child seeks to empower children and youth and promote a supportive and protective environment.
“An experienced finance manager with knowledge of and experience in HR management and administration, logistic management and IT”
Job Summary: The Operations Support Manager (OSM) ensures that the Operation is running effectively and efficiently to enable programme staff and other stakeholders to carry out the War Child Programme. The OSM sees to transparent and reliable processes and generates management information for the stakeholders.
The OSM translates War Child vision and policy into policies for the supporting functions and processes and follows guidelines, manuals and instructions of relevant departments at Head Quarters (HQ). (S)he manages finance, logistics, information and communication technology (ICT), office management and administration staff at the country office and provides technical/functional supervision to support staff in the different field locations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Financial Management & Administration: Advises and supports the CD in maintaining efficient financial control (of cash flows, local payment, etc), accountability standards, procedures and records; Prepares financial management information; Enhances the planning & control cycle within the operation in line with head offices guidelines; Plays a crucial role in Risk management; Ensures accurate, timely and correct bookkeeping;
- Logistics (delegating some tasks to the logistics officers): Enhances systems and guidelines for the logistics department on procurement procedures, store control; equipment, radio & vehicle use and maintenance, fuel tracking, etc; Directly responsible for procurement and management of supplies, vehicles, assets, stock, PC’s, server and communication; Ensure logistical aspects of security management; Manages NGO registration, tax and insurance issues;
- Information & Communication Technology: Responsible for management and maintenance of IT and communications (laptops, printers, telephone and other means related to Information and Communication Technology) and advises the MT on this issue;
- Human Resource Administration: Advises the CD and HR Coordinator on HR (financial) administration, (financial) policies and on relevant developments; Manages the payroll (delegated task to the Accountant).
- Capacity building staff & local partners: Build capacity of the support staff in the country office through on-the-job training as well as trainings and workshops; Indicates training needs and advices managers on possible trainings for the support staff at the field locations;
- Management of staff: Manages the finance, logistics (including ICT) and support staff at the country office and provides technical supervision to support staff in the different field locations. Manages his/her staff by guiding, coaching, instructing and motivating;
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Thorough knowledge of financial administration, logistic management and procedures (including maintenance), ICT management (not necessarily technical skills), office management and (HR) administration;
· Proven experience in a similar position especially managing logistics and financial administration
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a management position within an international environment, preferably within a NGO;
· Strong social and communicative skills for coaching and leadership;
· Fluent in English;
· Planning and organizational capabilities;
· Proactive searching for signals and indicators of actual and expected (market);
· Capability to decide in tactical and operational issues;
· Able to organize means and staff to reach goals (hands-on mentality);
· Result focused and cost-conscious.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a CV and a letter of motivation before 27 March 2013 (please mention OSM Uganda in the subject line) to email@example.com (your letter and CV should not exceed 5 pages).The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline