Job Title: Communication for Development Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Organisation: United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
Job Purpose: Under the close supervision of the Communication for Development (C4D) Specialist, the incumbent will assist in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a behaviour change and social mobilization strategy to support UNICEF’s mission in the country by; assisting in identifying appropriate partners and building alliances to orient them on country programme expected results and to solicit their involvement in the implementation of the country programme; working with partners on design, development, pre-testing and evaluation of culturally relevant programme communication materials and activities; monitoring the implementation of programme communication activities by reviewing progress and identifying constraints through field visits, consultations with government counterparts, partners and community and UNICEF programme staff; preparing analyses and reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University degree in the social/behavioural sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education).
- Two years of practical professional work experience in social development, preferably in the areas of participatory communication, communication planning, social mobilization, behaviour change and community empowerment.
- Proven skills in communication, networking, advocacy and negotiation, especially at the community level.
- Knowledge of current developments in the fields of communication for development, including IEC, behaviour change, social mobilization, participatory rural development, adult learning theory, community organization and participation.
- Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity
- Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results
- Functional Competencies (Required): Formulating Strategies and Concepts; Relating and Networking; Persuading and Influencing; Applying Technical Expertise; Learning and Researching; Planning and Organizing.
How to Apply:
- ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered.
- UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_ MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street,
P.O. Box 7047, Kampala-Uganda.
Via email to: email@example.com
Deadline is 21 January, 2013