Reports to: Program Manager
About ICCO: ICCO is a faith-based Dutch organization for international development cooperation while Kerk in Actie works on behalf of the Protestant Church and local congregations in The Netherlands. Our passion is to end poverty and injustice in serviced a full and dignified life for all. In a spirit of equality, co-responsibility and respect for diversity, we seek to cooperate on the basis of shared values and principles. Our core values are justice, compassion and stewardship.
ICCO and Kerk in Actie have integrated their international development and relief work. ICCO and Kerk in Actie bring together enterprising people and provide global financial support, advice and brokerage services to local non-governmental organizations, churches and networks that work for better access to basic services, initiate sustainable economic development and enhance democracy and peace. In this way, we seek to assist people to become economically independent.
ICCO and Kerk in Actie seek to hire a highly competent, dynamic and experienced Regional Coordinator for a 4 year program called Agri Skills 4 You. The program is funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and will cover Acholi, Lango and West Nile sub-regions. The RC will ensure that the AS4Y program is efficiently and effectively coordinated in the field.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain working relationships with lead partners based on ICCO’s partnership principles
· Establish Regional Advisory Committees (RAC) in cooperation with the lead partners and the Program Manager
· Facilitate and report on RAC meetings
· Monitor lead partners’ activities through field visits on the basis of workplan and related budget f Coordinate learning and accountability structures and document best
· Review and comment on annual workplans, annual budgets and narrative and financial reports by lead partners
· Guild capacity of lead partners and sub-grantees in the use of the project manual including narrative and financial reporting formats
· Liaise with local government authorities and other stakeholders
· Represent ICCO and the AS4Y program in relevant fora
· Ensure proper office management
· Report on a monthly basis to the AS4Y Program Manager
· Supervise the Assistant Finance and Administration Officer cm a day-today basis
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Degree in a relevant field
· A master’s degree is an added advantage
· At least 5 years experience in a similar postal, ideally with an international organisation and in the fields of agriculture and skills development
· Good knowledge of project partnership management
· Familiarity with donor programs
· Affinity with the private sector
· Ability to synthesize data and to prepare factual and analytical reports
· Good interpersonal communication skis, including intercultural communication
· Excellent language skills in English and a relevant regional language
· Good computer skills (MS office packages)
· Open and reliable with high integrity,
· Self-motivated, pro-active and result driven
· Ability to work independently but at the same time as a team member
· Ability to connect with people of different backgrounds
· Gender sensitive
· Affinity with the protestant character of ICCO and Kerk in Actie and ICCO’s values and operating principles
How to Apply:
Applications should include a motivational letter with reasons for interest in the position and what makes you a gold fit and a Curriculum vitae not exceeding 3 pages. Please apply by email only to RO-CEA-Kampala@icco.nl . Attachments in Word or PDF format should not exceed 3MB. Indicate the position in the subject line, Do not attach certificates at this stage. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ICCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: 31st December, 2012