Job Title: Production Engineer
Organisation: Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Geosciences Manager
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act, 2013 and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, 2013 and incorporated under the Company’s Act 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda. The overall function of UNOC is; To handle the State’s Commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
Job Summary: The Production Engineer will provide support in managing subsurface engineering aspects related to field development and production.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate all phases of drilling, completion and production operations throughout the life cycle of a wellbore.
· Designing surface facilities including well completion systems like artificial lift and sand control systems and coordinate their installation.
· Analyze, interpret, and optimize individual well performance. Employ various production surveillance techniques to monitor well productivity on a daily basis. Identify wells for production enhancements and recommend wells for recompletion and or abandonment.
· Maximize the daily production and ultimate recoveries of producing properties through optimal operational procedures.
· Work with other project team members to determine the most efficient means to develop wells/fields and ensure that production goals and cost controls are met.
· Coordinate well testing and production operations in accordance with the Company policies and ensure regulatory compliance.
· Monitor and analyze surface equipment performance and recommend appropriate engineering interventions.
· Support the selection of prudent service providers to optimize costs of wells and surface facilities.
· Prepare reports of unplanned shutdowns and slowdowns of facilities including root cause analysis.
· Evaluating and managing problems of fluid behaviour and production chemistry and recommending flow rate enhancement.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Engineering or Petroleum Geoscience from a reputable Institution.
· Master’s degree in Engineering with specialization in Production Engineering or Petroleum Engineering will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of five (5) years of relevant working experience in a similar role in the oil and gas industry or another sector.
· Experience in dynamic modelling of petroleum reservoirs, history matching and production data analysis using PETREL, AVOCET, OFM (or similar software).
· Have knowledge of development and production operations, Health & Safety standards and operational procedures.
· Demonstrated experience and ability to work independently, but also work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment in a similar role.
· Should have effective communication skills.
· Should be a person of high integrity.
· Should have good analytical and critical thinking skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send electronically completed and signed Applications Forms, Click Here, together with certified copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below;
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Job Application Form can be downloaded from Careers on www.unoc.co.ug.
Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda National Oil Company,
Plot 15, Yusuf Lule Road,
P.O.BOX 36316 Kampala. Uganda
Online applications should be submitted to: email@example.com. Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will also be received.
Deadline: 5th March 2021