Job Title: Senior Governance Officer
Duty Station: Uganda
Whave is a Ugandan social enterprise working with communities, government, and civil society organisations to find and demonstrate solutions to poverty and environmental issues. Our team includes both local and international experts with professional capabilities ranging from engineering to social science.
About Whave Programme:
Whave implements a Safe Water Security Programme which develops a self-sustaining rural water service through a localized results-based financing and public-private partnership. Our approach includes rehabilitation of water sources, regular monitoring through a comprehensive set of indicators, operation and maintenance services for reliability assurance and hygiene and sanitation promotion. The aim is to improve health and productivity of local communities through a reliable supply of clean water and improved hygiene.
Job Summary: The Senior Governance Officer will offer support in the implementation of Whave’s project in Kamuli / Nakaseke to improve access to safe water in rural areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Advocacy and work with District and Sub-County governments to develop policies and resolutions
· Build the capacity of local organisations in overall management and administrative capacity
· Establish new structures for operation and maintenance of water sources at sub-county and district.
· In charge of developing local organisations policies and procedures
· Developing supply chains and performance management systems
· Elicit engagement and policy alignment amongst diverse politicians and civil servants
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Degree level education
· High level communication and interpersonal skills
· Lusoga / Luganda preferable
· Previous experience in working with local government offices and politicians
· Good computer skills such as knowledge of Excel and Word
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and covering letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe why this post interests you and why you think you can achieve good results in your covering letter.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline