Job Title: Driver
Project Name: Advocacy for Better Health
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tracking Code: 7832
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
About USAID Advocacy for Better Health Program:
PATH is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Advocacy for Better Health program in Uganda goal is to contribute to improvements in the quality, availability and accessibility of health services by increasing citizens’ knowledge and voice, increasing community participation in health service delivery planning and improvements; and fostering cooperation among civil society actors on issues of common benefit in order to strengthen the sector over the long term. The key program objectives are to: Ensure that communities in selected districts can identify and articulate their needs and demand quality services; Ensure that the Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) develop effective advocacy initiatives, and are able to represent the communities’ demands for better quality services; and to build the technical and operational capacity of the CSOs to qualify them as potential direct recipients of future USAID funding.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will drive project staff and other authorized persons to and from various points.
· Observe and adhere to the safety precautions before and during driving.
· Maintain proper vehicle mileage and usage records as per requirements.
· Conduct daily condition checks to ensure that the vehicle is in good running order.
· Keep the vehicle in a clean condition in order to uphold the image of the organization.
· Deliver and collect mails and other documents to and from various offices as required.
· Pick and deliver PATH visitors and any other staff who is authorized to travel in the PATH vehicle.
· Maintain punctuality and courtesy and adhere to traffic laws and regulations.
· Maintain confidentially of PATH information at all times while executing duties.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the PATH International Driver career opportunity should hold an Ordinary level certificate of education, a valid driving license for classes preferably CM and DL; A certificate of motor vehicle mechanics from a recognized school, and a Certificate in Defensive Driving will be an added advantage.
· At least five (5) years’ driving experience for an international NGO, minimum of Highly developed language and cultural awareness of Central Uganda.
· Computer literacy skills and documentation skills are a must.
· Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times when it is required.
· Ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to perform effectively as a member of a team.
· Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
· The applicant must have legal authorization to work in Uganda .
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join PATH in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online by clicking the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline