Job Title: Business Support Assistant
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Grade: G4
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Business Support Assistant will carry out administrative support functions in the office and report to the Gender Advisor. The jobholder will manage a mechanism to submit complaints, seek information and provide feedback.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will review and maintain the feedback database
· Answer, log, respond to, escalate, and manage incoming calls
· Analyze, categorize, and consolidate information about calls received and issues raised
· Regularly interact with relevant units within WFP, partners and government to follow up on complaints
· Send feedback to the complainant within agreed timeframes
· Provide regular updates on complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and share with the WFP Uganda field offices, focal persons, implementing partners, and management
· Share findings and recommendations with the Programme Units and Implementing partners
· Manage and keep updated a Complaint & Feedback Mechanism (CFM) Focal Points Network
· Assist with training WFP staff, and rollout of the hotline to the Country Office
· Send weekly status reports on complaints received and feedback given;
· Send monthly analysis and response reports;
· Effective communication between stakeholders to ensure smooth case management;
· Timely feedback to complainants;
· Minutes of weekly complaints committee meetings, and periodic reports on the findings, recommendations and lessons learned;
· Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant job opportunity should hold a University degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field or a diploma supplemented with additional years of relevant experience obtained from a recognised institution;
· A minimum of four years of progressively responsible support experience from a reputable organisation;
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
· Strong people skills and client oriented;
· Demonstrable experience working with various communities;
· Experience in handling sensitive issues with discretion;
· Good analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings, draw practical; conclusions and to prepare written reports in a timely manner;
· Experience of database knowledge management;
· Good working skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
· Background in protection and feedback mechanisms desirable;
· Fluency in oral and written communication in English required;
· Applicants proficient in any one, or more, of these languages are highly encouraged to apply: Ngakaramajong, Kiswahili, Arabic, Dinka, Nuer, Madi, Kinyabwisha, Somali, Kinyarwanda and Kirundi;
· Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
· Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
· Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
· Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
· Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
· Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
· Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
· Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
· Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
· Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
· Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
· Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
· Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
· Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
· Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
· Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 1st December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline