Job Title: Strategic Partnerships Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Programmes
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Strategic Partnerships Manager will steer the support to partners in ensuring efficient and effective project management covering key aspects of planning, project management, field implementation, monitoring and evaluation and policy development as partnership Development support is at WaterAid Uganda’s (WAU) frontline. The incumbent will ensure that all grant-funded projects implementation and reporting are in compliance with donor regulations and requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve as an institutional resource on partner grant compliance, regularly monitor and document grant expenditures against grant funded activities to ensure compliance with donor regulations
· Maintain communication with budget holders to ensure timely receipt of reports and documentation in accordance with regulations of donor / grant awards
· Build both staff and partner capacity in individual donor / grants management, on proper application of time-keeping, branding, data collection and management, programmatic reporting policies.
· The jobholder will develop systems and procedures in support of the identification, engagement and development of strategic partnerships.
· Co-ordinate fundraising proposals and grant contract processes once opportunities are identified. Support proposal development activities including co-ordination, budgeting and log frames as required.
· The incumbent will coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Strategic Partnerships Manager placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies or Research studies with a development bias. Masters in Business Administration in a related field will be an advantage
· At least six years’ experience in strategic sales or business development
· Significant experience of capacity building of NGO development partner organizations
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline