Job Title: Business Banker (Several Jobs)
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Impala, Ndeeba, Gulu and Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Business Bankers will grow and maintain a liability book and a profitable and quality Asset book in the branch.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Achieve Sales growth and relationship targets
· Regularly monitor the branch portfolio to ensure that PAR and NPAs are kept within the acceptable levels.
· Drive excellence in relationship management at the branch, develop regular customer call schedule/program, resolution of queries/complaints, monitor utilization of credit facilities and action/escalate as appropriate using reports & relevant management information to enable profitable management of this important segment.
· Appraise loan applications making sure that they meet the set standards and credit requirements using the prescribed score cards and return those that do not meet specifications to the front office desk for follow up.
· Initiate credit applications for new and existing customers by completing the documentation with customers, completing the required financial analysis and submitting applications to Retail Credit for approval.
· Increase product penetration for the customers under management by reviewing their portfolio to determine potential cross sells and proactively recommend new products to customers.
· Receive security documents from customers ensuring that they meet Bank standards and any specific requirements depending on the facilities offered to the customer.
· Follow-up on all approved loans and ensure that customer information is correctly captured in the system i.e. standing orders, interest rates, repayment schedules, limits, review and expiry dates.
· Follow-up on irregular accounts and generate actioned arrears report for submission to Credit.
· Make calls to clients with loans in arrears to support timely collection and generate reports.
· Process disbursement requests for all lending products in order to achieve the branch targets
· Request and closely monitor Temporary Overdrafts and other Overdrafts in the branch portfolio and highlight those that are of concern to the Branch manager for action.
· Ensure that all documentation and transactions are in line with local and regulatory anti-money laundering and KYC requirements resulting into compliance with KYC, AML & suspicious transactions reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the DFCU Business Banker job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree.
· A minimum of four to five years of banking experience.
· Excellent sales/networking & relationship management background.
· Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
· Possess good credit appraisal & analytical skills
· Skilled in portfolio quality control.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the SME Segment
· Good knowledge of the Bank’s products, systems, Consumer Banking goals/objectives
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills required.
· Industry and business awareness.
· Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
· Good organization and team work (Winning together) skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 30th November 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 30th December 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline