Job Title: Senior Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: MSC Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Human Resources
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Senior Human Resource Officer will provide a full human resource service to line management and to provide a framework for maintaining good relationships between management and employees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide advice and guidance to line management on employee relations in the day-today management of employees in accordance with the Human Resource Manual.
· Offer timely technical support in setting performance targets and measures and monitor the cascading of performance targets and measures to employees.
· The incumbent will manage the induction programs for new employees.
· Coordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of the training plan.
· Manage the Human Resource Information System.
· Implement proper staff leave management procedures, best practices and systems of staff absence management.
· Provide input in the payroll processing cycle in consultation with finance Department in order to pay staff salaries on time.
· Manage the performance of staff who directly report to him and on day-to-day basis, counsel and guide staff on HR matters and personal issues which may influence staff performance.
Key Result Areas:
· Staff Performance managed
· Staff training and development properly coordinated
· Staff relations improved
· Improved HR decisions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Senior Human Resource Officer vacancy should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Social Work and Social Administration, B.com (Management option) or social sciences or other related qualifications from a recognized university.
· Possession of a master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Organizational psychology or business Administration is an added advantage.
· A minimum of six years’ experience in managing human resources 02 of which should have been at middle level management position;
· Highly specialised training and demonstrable expert knowledge and achievement may be considered in lieu of some years of experience.
· Advanced knowledge and ability to implement Balance score card would be an added advantage.
· Good computer skills
· Ability to demonstrate managerial skills.
· Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of Microfinance / financial institution management.
· Ability to demonstrate analytical skills, clear decision making ability, highest standards of integrity.
· Ability to demonstrable objectivity and impartiality with concern for accountability and achieving results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
· Ability to influence and collaborate with different stakeholders.
· Ability to build and manage diversity of teams.
· Ability to identify problems, obstacles and opportunities and initiate action or make recommendations.
· Ability to further the development of others
· Ability to generate new ideas, develop creative approaches anticipate and lead change.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. All applicants are required to fill a summary form upon submission of the application, Click Here.
The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 KAMPALA
Deadline: 30th November 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline