Organisation: Allied Health Professionals’ Council (AHPC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Inspection and Quality Assurance Manager
The Allied Health Professionals’ Council was established by an Act of Parliament in 1996, cap 268. The Council has a mandate to regulate, supervise and control the training, practice and for other connected matters of Allied Health professional in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Quality Assurance Officer (Diagnostic Services) will coordinate and ensure that diagnostic services conform to set standards and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that all diagnostic units are registered and licensed by the council,
· Ensure that all diagnostic units conform to set standards and guidelines,
· Take part in the development of diagnostic unit protocols and guidelines,
· Coordinate the implementation of quality assurance systems of diagnostic units
· Actively participate in accreditation and registration of diagnostic units,
· Follow-up on diagnostic units quality complaints,
· Assist the inspection manager with technical support,
· Support the inspection manager in the day to day regulation of diagnostic units practice,
· Provide support and coordinate activities of advisory boards
· Perform other duties incidental to the above assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory sciences plus a diploma in management OR a diploma in medical laboratory sciences plus a bachelor's degree in management from a recognized awarding institution.
· Additional qualification in medical imaging and Administrative Law shall be of advantage
· At least three years of related work experience
· The applicant must be registered and licensed by Allied Health Professionals Council.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of health sector regulatory framework with ability to work under minimum supervision,
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer and writing skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their application in triplicate together with detailed curriculum vitae giving full career details, day time telephone number, address, 3 passport size coloured photos and telephone contacts for three competent referees who are not your relatives as well as certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates quoting the job reference number to the address provided below;
Allied Health Professionals Council- Uganda
Room C-001, Ministry of Health,
Plot 6 Lourdel Rd, Nakasero,
Deadline: 25th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline