Job Title: Project Director – DREAMS Project
Organization: Sawa World
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Range: 600,000 to 800,000 UGX
Sawa World is an international non-profit organization NGO that uses an innovative approach to ending extreme poverty by providing large-scale access to local solutions that are created by people living in extreme poverty. Sawa World uses an innovative approach to self-empower 1.2 billion people out of extreme poverty with their own solutions by 2030 in 42 countries. We provide large-scale access to local solutions that are created by the very people living in extreme poverty.
About DREAMS Project:
Sawa World was awarded a two-year contract under the Dreams Innovation Challenge. The project will be implemented with four other organizations from Uganda and The Netherlands and train 15,500 vulnerable youth in livelihoods skills in six Districts in the Central Region of Uganda. The project will start pre-project activities in November, 2016.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Sawa World Project Director – DREAMS Project job opportunity should possess a University degree in international development, project management or other related fields
· At least three to five years’ experience in developing impactful programming for vulnerable youth and communities.
· Prior working experience with international aid organizations is considered an asset.
· Ability to manage small to medium-size project teams range from 5 to 25 people .
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a solid working experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Professional and trustworthy personality
· Highly sociable and fun to be around.
· Exhibit a strong passion for eradicating poverty using local solutions among million of youth.
· Ability and willingness to travel across Uganda and work on weekends and evenings when needed
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and a short email introduction stating -why you are the best candidate- for the position. Please also outline (in the email) what makes you the best fit into our vibrant and fun culture. Please don’t include a separate cover letter. Send your application via E-mail to: email@example.com
NB: Please only apply if you meet the qualification criteria.
Deadline: 17th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline