Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organization: International Lifeline Fund (ILF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Lifeline Fund (“Lifeline”) is an entrepreneurial non-profit organization that practices pragmatic community-led development to spark catalytic change that can profoundly improve the quality of human life. Lifeline engages deeply with communities and local partners to bring long-term solutions to clean water and basic amenities that are key to building healthy communities. Lifeline believes communities can create lasting change harnessing the untapped energy of local leaders, women and small business entrepreneurs as drivers of this change.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer is primarily responsible for leading sourcing efforts, identifying potential suppliers and conducting negotiations on high-value or strategic categories of procurements considering value for money and the best interest of the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will negotiate quality goods and services at the lowest possible cost to the organization via strategic sourcing, quotations and planning.
· Responsible for the daily coordination of procurement and administrative activities based on programmatic need.
· Tasked with the enforcement and strict adherence to the established Lifeline procurement policies and procedures
· Assess existing vendor and supplier list and make recommendations in coordination with Senior Program Staff and the Country Director.
· At all times, conduct himself/herself professionally and ethically in the execution of duties while representing Lifeline.
· Creates purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached.
· Ensure the timely and well documented delivery of supplies in coordination with logistics officers.
· Assist program and support staff on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation;
· Collects quotations and bids from the market for purchase requests as assigned by manager(s)
· Regularly interact with contractors and suppliers in the receiving and inspection of goods.
· Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions
· Compilation and preparation of status reports on deliveries for programs, office management and recipient of supplies.
· Maintain thorough procurement files and process reports as needed.
· Maintain the filing of both hard copy and soft copy of the ongoing and complete purchase requests with all the supporting documents.
· Receive the goods as per the description on the purchase order/request. Inspects goods upon delivery and rejects inadequate, broken, inferior quality and other items not meeting requirements/standards
· Prepare a thorough monthly procurement report
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The International Lifeline Fund Procurement Officer should hold a Degree in Business Administration or other relevant field of business
· At least three to five years’ experience in logistics and procurement management
· Detailed knowledge and understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is a must.
· Proven ability to multi-task with strong time-management skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision
· Strong ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
· Impeccable level of integrity and honesty
· Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong computer skills to include Excel, Word and emailing capabilities.
· Fluent in English and other local languages
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application, updated CV including all scanned copies if academic, professional credentials and testimonials via e-mail to: HR@Lifelinefund.org. Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the email subject line.
Deadline: 30th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline