Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
The National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, (NAGRC&DB) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries whose mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will conduct routine procurement and disposal of assets activities and implement assignments in accordance with existing laws, regulations and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent works closely with end users and prepares draft plan for an entity;
· Guides the suppliers on the procurement procedures;
· Verifies procurement and disposal requisition;
· Prepares draft bid documents and participates in evaluation of bids as and when assigned;
· Compiles documents and maintains safe custody of procurement and disposal records;
· The jobholder prepares draft approvals for Procurement and Disposal entities (PDEs) and contracts Committees;
· Enters sanctioned transactions on the systems for further processing and produces required reports; and
· Maintains, reviews and consolidates on the systems for PDEs and raises issues for follow up on audit recommendations.
· Performs any other official duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold an Honors Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with specialization in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from a recognized awarding institution.
· Full or partial Professional qualification/ Purchasing and Supply Chain Management (Like CIPS, ISM, and CILT) from a recognized awarding institution.
· Member ship of the professional bodies will be an added advantage
· One year of related work experience is a prerequisite.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their updated CVs, applications, testimonials and three professional referees (one of whom should be work-based) to;
The Executive Director,
Attn: Human Resource / Administration,
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and DataBank (NAGRC & DB)
P.O. Box 183, Entebbe-Uganda.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline