Job Title: Operations Manager
Organization: Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) - NGO
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) is a performance enhancement firm known for people and organization development. We specialize in developing and strengthening organization systems through research and information interpretation, behavioral and attitude change, Staff training, Recruitment, and R & D. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, an NGO.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
· Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
· Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
· Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
· Management of agency budget in coordination with the Executive Director.
· Development of individual program budgets
· Invoicing to funding sources, including calculation of completed units of service.
· Payroll management, including tabulation of accrued employee benefits.
· Disbursement of checks for agency expenses.
· Organization of fiscal documents.
· Regular meetings with Executive Director around fiscal planning.
· Supervise and coach office manager on a weekly basis.
· Manage functions.
· Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (HR, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
· Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
· Providing consulting services on matters related to fundraising, tax and insurance questions, and business structure and growth.
· Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
· Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, antitrust, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a relevant degree
· At least eight years’ experience in similar role
· At least three years’ experience in bookkeeping
· Knowledge of government contract management
· Commitment to social justice and the mission
· Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Working knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
· Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
· Budget development and oversight experience
· Excellent people manager, open to direction and +Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
· Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
· Ability to look at situations from several points of view
· Persuasive with details and facts
· Delegate responsibilities effectively
· High comfort level working in a diverse environment
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline